What is the mobile meal Program?
The mobile meal program (also called Home Delivered Meals) was established by the older Americans Act to meet the Dietary Guidelines for aging Americans. The program is monitored by the State Division of Aging and coordinated by the State Aging and Adult Services (our local AAA director is Shawna Horrocks) The local program is sponsored by Carbon County Governments. Funding for the program comes from the federal and state government, Carbon County, and Price City.
Each participant must be assessed and those individuals who have been determined to be “homebound” will be eligible to receive meals. Those who qualify will be reassessed annually.
Meals on Wheels provide balanced meals consisting of meat or other protein food, vegetables, fruit, bread, milk and dessert (diabetic desserts are provided for those who are diabetic.) The meals are available Monday thru Thursday in Price and East Carbon. Frozen meals can be delivered for the weekend upon request. When a client knows they will not be home on a certain day we ask to be notified any time in advance.
Participants 60 years and older are provided the opportunity to voluntarily and anonymously contribute a suggested donation of $3.00 per meal. All donations are appreciated.
For more information or questions please call the center at 636-3202.
Mobile Meal Director
- If there is a day the client will not be home at the time of delivery please notify us any time in advance and no later than 9:00am the day of the client not being home. The Price Center’s number is 636-3202 and East Carbon is 888-2194 or 636-3703
- Salt is not added to our food during preparation; however they are not salt free.
- The mobile meal delivery person must be able to enter the home to deliver the meal.
- If the client has any dogs we ask that they be put up long enough for the driver to come in and deliver the meal.
- Substitutions will only be offered for liver/fish if there is a medical reason and we have verification on file from your physician.