Marriage Licenses

County Clerks are authorized by statute to issue marriage licenses in the State of Utah

The County Clerk's Office issues new marriage licenses and provides copies of existing marriage licenses (fees apply).

Clerk / Auditor’s Office

751 East 100 North Ste #1100
Price UT, 84501

Clerk / Auditor

Seth Marsing
Term 2023-2026




(435) 636-3221



License and Certified Copy Fees

$50.00 – for license (includes 2 certified copies) – non-refundable

$7.00 for one certified copy, $9.00 for two certified copies

$3.00 – for a basic photocopy

Note: There is an additional 2.5% transaction fee for credit card payments and we do not accept American Express.

How to Apply for a Marriage License

Review the online marriage application. Our County Deputy Clerks will complete the application with you in our office. The couple needs to come to our office anytime between 8am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.

Application Requirements:

  • Both applicants must be present to apply
  • Must be at least 18 years of age
  • Must present valid picture ID

Information Required:

  • Full names, including names at birth if different than current name
  • Permanent Address
  • Social Security numbers
  • Date and place of birth (City, County, State or Country)
  • Complete names of legal parents, including the maiden name of the mother
  • Birth places of each parent (City, County, State or Country)
  • If this is a 2nd or more marriage due to divorce, you must provide the finalized date of the most recent divorce. If the divorce was finalized within the last 6 months, you must bring your completed divorce decree with you showing that the divorce is final.

Marriage licenses are good for 30 days. We ask that you come in the week of your ceremony to purchase your license in order to give your officiant adequate time to return the license to our office.

If you were issued a marriage license and did not use it within 30 days from the date of issue, do not destroy it! Any expired or unused marriage licenses must be returned to the Carbon County Clerk’s office. An expired license is no longer valid and a couple would need to purchase a new license in order to get married.

Completed marriage licenses must be returned to the Clerk’s Office within 30 days or the marriage may be void. The license should be returned to our office by the officiant unless the officiant has asked the bride and groom to return the license to us.

Minors ages 16-17:

A Petition for Authorization to Marry and Court Order form must be obtained from the Clerk/Auditor’s office and taken to a juvenile court judge for review and completion. The minor applicant must be accompanied by the parents or legal guardian. In the case of divorced parents, the parent must provide proof of guardianship (court documents) that will be attached to the application.

As of May 14, 2019 applicants 15 years of age and younger cannot obtain a marriage license under Utah State law.

Who is authorized to perform ceremonies?

The Clerk’s Office issues marriage licenses. We do not perform the marriage. It is up to the couple to make arrangements with an officiant.

Marriages may be solemnized by the following persons only: ministers, rabbis, or priests of any religious denomination who are in regular communion with any religious society and 18 years of age or older; native american spiritual advisers; the Governor; the Lieutenant Governor; mayors of municipalities or county executives (including county commissioners); a justice, judge, or commissioner of a court of record; a judge of a court not of record of the State; judges or magistrates of the United States; the county clerk of any county in the State or the clerk's designee; the President of the Senate; the Speaker of the House of Representatives; or a judge or magistrate who holds office in Utah when retired, under rules set by the Supreme Court (Utah Code 30-1-6).

Sample Marriage License Application

  • A marriage license application can be viewed online but must be completed in the Clerk's Office
  • All parties must be present with photo ID

SAMPLE Marriage License Application (PDF)