Welcome to the
Clerk / Auditor Office

The County Clerk's Office issues marriage licenses, unincorporated county business licenses and dog licenses. We accept passport documents and run county, municipal and state elections. You can register to vote in our office.

The Clerk's Office is responsible for recording, transcribing and filing all commission meeting minutes, maintaining electronic and paper files of current county projects and contracts, maintaining permanent records of all county marriages, processing GRAMA requests, holding annual tax sales of delinquent properties, and mailing property tax disclosure notices.

Play Video





Marriage Licenses
& Certified Copies



Ordinances / Resolutions



Veteran Wall


Where can I find a public notary?
There are several available in the Clerk’s Office and the Assessors Office

What is the notary fee?


Where can I get a GRAMA request form?
Request or pick up a form from our office

What is a GRAMA request?
GRAMA is the acronym for Government Records Access and Management Act. It is the form used to request public records

Marriage License

What do I need to bring to purchase a marriage license?
Couples need to apply together with a picture ID
We ask for the following information: Names, Addresses, Ages, Places of Birth, Names of Parents and their Places of Birth including City, County and State; the name and title of the officiant
If a divorce has been finalized in the last six months, we will need a copy of the divorce decree

What does a marriage license cost?
$50.00 cash, check or credit card

How do I get a certified copy of a marriage license?
In Utah, you must request a certified copy of a marriage license from the county who issued the marriage license. In Carbon County the cost is $7.00 for one and $9.00 for two


Where can I get passport applications?
Our office has the forms available for pickup or visit

What is required for a first time passport?
Completed DS-11 application, picture ID, original birth certificate, a check or money order for the fee payable to the U.S. Department of State and the processing fee, either cash, check or credit card to the Carbon County Clerk

What is the time frame to receive a passport?
Currently, it is eighteen weeks. Expediting the application with the additional fee of $60.00 is twelve weeks

Business License

What are the fees for a business license?
Generally speaking:
Full time is $100.00 a year
Part time is $50.00 a year
Fees can vary depending on the business type.
License fees are due by January 31 of each year. Late fees are accrued each month until paid or business is closed

How do I pay for my business license?

The county mails you a renewal form at the end of each year. This form needs to be signed and delivered to the clerks office. Payment can be made in person or through our online payment system

My business is within a municipality. Where do I apply for a business license?
Please contact the city where your business will be located. Apply with the County if your business is located in the unincorporated areas

Animal License

Where do I license my dog?
At the Clerk’s office if your home is located in the unincorporated areas

What is the fee for a dog license?
Spayed or neutered pets $5.00 per year (January to December)
Regular pets $25.00 per year
We offer a senior discount for owners over the age of 60
Late fee is $5.00 after January 31


Clerk/Auditor's Office

751 East 100 North Ste #1100
Price UT, 84501


Seth Marsing
Term 2023-2026


(435) 636-3200


Social Media