Records Requests

If you would like copies of other records possessed by the County Attorney’s Office you must submit a written GRAMA request (“GRAMA” stands for the Government Records Access and Management Act).

Forms can be obtained on the GRAMA REQUEST page or at the County Clerk’s Office and must be submitted to the County GRAMA officer in person, mail, e-mail, or fax.

You may also use the State of Utah Open Records Portal to request Carbon County records. Please visit

Clerk / Auditor’s Office

751 East 100 North Ste #1100
Price UT, 84501



Clerk / Auditor

Seth Marsing
Term 2019-2022


(435) 636-3221



Request Details

Anyone may submit a GRAMA request, which will be assessed by the County GRAMA officer pursuant to Utah Code Annotated Title 63G, Chapter 2. Depending on the classification of the documents you request, the documents you requested will be copied and turned over to you, turned over in part, or denied. A response to your request will be made within 10 business days, unless extraordinary circumstances require a delay in processing your request. You may be charged a fee for the expense of copying records, in addition to the actual cost incurred by the County in processing your request if the time taken to process your request exceeds 15 minutes.

Juvenile court case files are protected and are generally not released. However, parents of juveniles accused or convicted of an offense may request a copy of the incident report which will most often be released after personal information is redacted.

Adult criminal case files are private records and only released to the individuals authorized by statute. Most often some of the information in those files will be released to victims or witnesses after personal information is redacted.

Records Request Form (GRAMA)

Discovery Process

If you wish to receive discovery (i.e., police reports, etc.) of a pending criminal matter in which you are the Defendant, you are encouraged to request this information from your attorney. If you are representing yourself, please contact the prosecutor handling your case directly. Do not use the procedures below unless your case is closed or you are not the defendant in the case.